Patricia Walsh will be competing in the first ever Paralympic Triathlon!
Patricia tells the story of her blindness and accomplishments on this week’s podcast. She explains how through sport she was able to get out of a deep depression, continue to university and competitive running. Patricia had multiple mountains to overcome, including her parent’s divorce, isolation in her blindness and being told that she must give up on her intellectual dreams.
You’ll hear the surprising details of how she ran marathons without a partner, learned to swim at a very late age despite having panic attacks and how her fist attempt at a triathlon was a half-ironman!
Patricia is a sought-after public speaker and author, and gives seminars on motivation, overcoming obstacles and creating a winning mindset.
Good luck Patricia at the 2016 Rio Olympics!! We are rooting for you!!
Links mentioned in this podcast:
• Patricia’s website
• Patricia’s book: Blind Ambition: How to Envision Your Limitless Potential and Achieve the Success You Want
• Triathlon Summer Paralympics Rio 2016
• US Association for Blind Athletes –Two Are Better Than One -
• Patricia’s Talk
• Patricia Walsh Ironman Triathlete: Operation Nice
• Jessica Jones Meyers (Patricia’s Triathlete Partner)