Our featured member for this week is Dr Anat Loewenstein.
Anat Loewenstein is Professor of Ophthalmology and Director of the Department of Ophthalmology, Tel Aviv Medical Center.
She is the Vice Dean at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
Anat is also the Head of the Ethical Committee of the Israel Ministry of Health.
She sits on many boards, has hundreds of publications and presentations, among other positions she holds. Anat is a frequently invited lecturer.
It is really an honor to have her as a member of The Strong Women’s Club!
In this episode, you will hear:
• How busy is a frame of mind
• How there is always time for more, time management is essential
• How later in your career you have the luxury of choosing how you spend your time
• How your extended family and a supportive partner can enable a skyrocketing career
• How Anat’s mother’s expectations of her helped to form her career
• How she chose what she is good at, and used her natural talents
• How if you really work hard, you can achieve what you want
• How perseverance is the key
• Do things immediately! and then be ready for the next thing
• How setting realistic goals is essential
• How children absorb what you do, even if you don’t overtly push them
• How the busier you are, the more hours in the day you have
• How Anat has inbox = zero!
• How strict routines enable freedom
• How she loves helping people with her work, and finds it very rewarding
• How everybody has times when they feel overwhelmed
• How there is never a perfect time in your career to start a family, you just need to start
Anat’s advice: don’t give up, set a real and achievable target, come to peace with it, then fight to achieve it. And:
How at every moment, you need to do your absolute best!
Useful links and resources mentioned:
• How to Fascinate by Sally Hogshead
• Anat Loewenstein on LinkedIn
• Tel-Aviv Medical School
• Opthalmology Dept at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center