Pei was born in China, and studied to be a dentist while there. She was strongly influenced by her mother, who is a cardiologist. Pei’s mother was able to advance and support the family by moving to Japan to learn and save money, and ultimately she also encouraged Pei to do the same in America.
Pei successfully immigrated to the US, by herself. She completed her dental fellowship with the help of a caring mentor, and went on to build a successful endodontic practice.
However, despite Pei’s success, she felt like she wasn’t growing enough, and turned to the online world, together with her husband Joel. Their company is called Relaunch, which provides an effective way to help people to find their voices, and they coach podcasters, speakers and authors.
In this episode you will learn:
• How sometimes a loving family asks you to move away, knowing it will be the best for you
• How learning a new language is a struggle, but essential
• How it’s ok to look for new challenges and beginnings, while still keeping a strong holding in your previous profession
• How women are influenced by their mothers and their grandmothers, even if subconsciously
• How it is possible and admirable to be able to reinvent yourself
You can find Pei at: